We have competences in development of modern medical equipment. Our experts support a team of researchers from Jagiellonian University in Cracow in development of a new type PET (Positron Emission Tomography) device in which some plastic scintillators are used as radiation detectors. Our capabilities:
- optimization of geometries of detectors in medical imaging devices (e.g. PET) using the Monte Carlo techniques (GATE software);
- analyses of dependencies of PET operational parameters on the material properties;
- simulations of performance characteristics of PET devices, according to accepted standards (such as NEMA);
- simulations of advanced numerical phantoms
- analyses of signals detected in scintillation detectors (using the Compress Sensing theory);
- optimization of signal sampling methodology in order to improve PET time- and spatial resolution;
- development of methods used to reconstruct events registered by PET detectors.